What form of birth control do you consider the best? Why?

I'm looking into birth control for after the baby is born, and I am curious to what your thoughts are on the kind you use :) Thanks! And, if you know of any that you have had a bad experience with, let me know that as well please! Thanks ladies!!

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 9:41 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• depends,how long do you plan to use it? 6 months? 6 years?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Abstinence....

really!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• As of right now at least 2 years Im thinking.
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 9:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i used seasonique and loved it!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 9:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well I have tried them all from the pill to the patch to the shot. I haven't experienced none of the side effects that comes with them. If you can remember to take a pill everyday than I suggest Loestrin 24fe. it is a 24 day hormone and a 4 day placebo which is just iron. With this pill it makes you have shorter and lighter AFs. My AF lasted only one day and it was very light to where I could just wear a panty liner.
    sdawson8

Answer by sdawson8 at 9:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm using the paraguard. It's an IUD with no hormones so it doesn't make me insane. Well.. MORE insane... Plus, I don't have to remember to take it & it's good for a whole decade.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:47 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Damn fingernails. Because it's a total foolproof method.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:47 PM on May. 4, 2011

• abstinence!!!!
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 9:49 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The pill (specifically ONLY Yasmin) has been the best for me. All other pills that I've tried (I've tried about 10) were horrible for me. I had the Mirena for 8 miserable months before I could get that plastic POS out of me. It was the worst. I have journals about how horrible it was, including my huge list of side effects. The Depo shot was probably the 2nd worst. I can't even use 99% of condoms out there because of latex and/or the lube that's on them (allergies).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:07 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have an Implinon and I love it. No peroids although I have heard some woman have them with it.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:09 PM on May. 4, 2011