What to give my 2.5 yr old?? She keeps throwing up...

She's been throwing up on and off ever since she got home today. I am SO glad that her last day is Friday at this daycare because honestly....I'm not sure what it is. But this happens way too much. I don't know if it is the food that they serve her. Or maybe.....The times that she did do it she was transitioning into a new class. Now her teacher left last week and has had different teachers everyday. Maybe that's it. hmmm...

Anyways...what should I give her for an upset stomach? It's mostly just acid right now. It was really chunky and gross at first. She has been sleeping for an hour already. But she just woke up to throw up again :( Poor thing!!

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 9:49 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maylox 1/4 tsp. It will coat her stomach.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 9:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• maybe a little pedialyte and a cracker. definetly no dairy though
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 9:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Nothing yet. Wait til she hasn't thrown up for at least an hour (if she's not sleeping). Start with just a teaspoon of water, and if she keeps that down, offer another teaspoon about 15 minutes later. If she keeps down a teaspoon of water every 10-15 minutes for an hour or two, then try other liquids, and if that goes well, you can start offering bland solids after another hour. But if she throws up again at any time, start over with nothing for an hour, etc. This is what the doc told me when we had tummy viruses going around a couple of years ago.
    Anonymous

• No dairy for sure, VERY small amounts of pedialite until she keeps it down.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:25 PM on May. 4, 2011

• No Dairy for sure. Small sips of water or gatorade light foods like crackers. For bed time put a blanket under her mattress so her head is elevate that helps keep things down.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:45 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Just keep her hydrated. I always give my son pedialyte.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 10:57 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Sounds like she is having trouble with milk or what they serve there. I would ask what they serve for snack and try the same things at home with her to find out if it is the food. But you may be right, it could be anxiety, definately could be.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 9:57 AM on May. 5, 2011