For those who paint your walls (or would like to)

What color is your living room? I want to paint this summer, but I have NO idea what color to paint the living room. Everything else is pretty much decided, though. If we absolutely can't come up with another color, we MIGHT go for a neutral, but we'd prefer to not do that.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 10:01 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It's a super light greyish plum with dark wood trim, it's really pretty. It's not pastel, it's very earthy.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i love sage green not sure if that will work for you
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:03 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Lol not panicking!! Our living room is tan ( actually called bamboo) and our foyer, that's right off the living room is a dark green. Our furniture in the living room is a hunter green, and the love seat in our foyer is tan....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:22 PM on May. 4, 2011

• One blue with white trim, one white soon to be painted another color when I figure out what color furniture will be in the room. (I live in a two unit home: up and down not side by side)
    Newfie_Mom

Answer by Newfie_Mom at 10:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My fire place is red, the walls are cream I have a thin wood chair rail around the wall that is a dark green and then a floral
    print wall paper under that... the red is also on the back wall of my dinning room with the same cream on the walls
    so that the two rooms flow together...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Every room in my house is a different color. My house is set up where the entry way is a neutral very light yellow, then my kitchen is a bluegreen color, and into my living room is an off whitish yellowish/creamy colored. Its really nice:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:11 PM on May. 4, 2011

• pale teal. teal carpet, Blue sofa, brown chairs.

Answer by Bmat at 10:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Tan and forest green. It looked better on the cards than it did on the walls, though. After it dried, the green was muted next to the tan. I want to repaint the whole thing a chocolate brown, but I've been trying to sell DH on the idea for 2 years now and he's not going for it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• The lower half of the walls are painted in raspberry, the top in cream with a hunter green and gold border in the middle.  Cream carpet, hunter green sofa and oak furniture.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I want to do a sagey green or light blue.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:52 PM on May. 5, 2011