Heartburn&Burping

It's driving me crazy and i have no tums!!! Seems like it's getting worst as i get farther along,can't eat nothing without getting HEARTBURN and im burping all the time uggh. Did this happen to anyone else.

Unique11

Asked by Unique11 at 10:09 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. They say it means you will have a baby with lots of hair ;)
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:10 PM on May. 4, 2011

• i had horrible heartburn. i lived on rolaids for 2 months!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

• yes, soda helped a lot when I was pregnant
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 10:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I had heartburn so bad with both of my pregnancies that Tums just turned it into fruity flavored heartburn. I'm now on a permanent Rx called Protonix. My "Babies" are 7 1/2 and 4 and the heartburn has never gotten better.

Another thing to try is 1/8 teaspoon ginger mixed into 8 oz of whatever you're drinking. Ginger naturally calms the acids in your stomach.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:20 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Ask your doctor if taking Prilosec OTC would be ok... Most likely they will tell you yes, but honey, that baby is pushing right up on your stomach... There is nothing you can do but deliver!!!! Until then, try some Graham Crackers and milk. I give that to my patients when they don't have an antacid order. It usually temporarily helps. And sit up. Don't lay flat... not that that is easy to do anyway when you're pregnant. But up at about 30 degrees may alleviate it slightly.
    RNMomO3

Answer by RNMomO3 at 10:35 PM on May. 4, 2011

• it happens to me
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:11 AM on May. 5, 2011