If your period is usually regular, have you ever missed it?

I didn't get my period this past month (3 weeks overdue) and I don't know why. I've been under pretty high stress lately, and I've heard that can do it, but how common is that really? There is a very slim chance I'm pregnant as we use condoms EVERY single time (it did break once, but we noticed right away before anything "happened"). Plus, I'm not experiencing any sort of pregnancy symptoms, not even breast tenderness. Could it really just be because of the excess stress? I also took an antibiotic a few weeks ago, around the time I was due. Could that have affected anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• Antibiotics can mess up your period. But just to make sure...you should take a test. Some women never have symptoms others have everything. And even if it broke....sperm still could have gotten up there.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:30 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yeah it could be stress. My period was a month late and I just got it.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:31 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I didn't have my period for 2 months because of stress, overexertion, and lack of nutrition. Make sure you are taking care of yourself! But take a test just to be careful. Antibiotics can make your bc not work also. (pills and such)

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• stress does that to me all the time.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:16 AM on May. 5, 2011

• stress can do this however, if its 3 weeks late, you might ought to get a test or see a dr.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:58 PM on May. 5, 2011