Does your pet get less attention now that you have kid(s)?

Lola.Bee

Asked by Lola.Bee at 10:33 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pets

• Yes. It's been 2.5 years and he's still jealous! He's not mean to my son or anything but they are definitely not best pals lol. In fact, now that my son is in bed the doggy is at my feet!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:42 PM on May. 4, 2011

• LOL...well, at first I was going to answer "yes"...because at first, I was definitely more occupied with our first baby where he used to be the center of attention. Now that we have a 5 year old, 2 year old, and one on the way, he probably gets more attention than he wants! The kids wont leave him alone.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, I've been feeling guilty about that and trying to find more time to let our dog run and play ball with him.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 11:40 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Our first is due in October, and I have a 13 year old cat. I am worried for her because she is used to being my center of attention. When I got married it was hard for her to share even then - but at least my hubby could pay her attention.. I think she's going to be really upset when the baby comes.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 12:16 PM on May. 5, 2011

• no he gets me to his self all day and sleeps in my room i love them all
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 11:27 PM on May. 5, 2011

• No. When my kids were little, I still made every effort to give just as much attention to my kitties as I always had. Now that the kids are school-age, our cats get their attention too, lol. Bunch of spoiled housecats :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:02 AM on May. 6, 2011

• Nope. I give them as much attention as I always have.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:09 PM on May. 6, 2011