Yeast or not? adult content

Almost 2 weeks ago I went to the doctor for a possible yeast infection. She said that's what it looks like, did a swab anyway, prescribed me a pill, and said she'd call with the results. I took the pill and my symtoms disappeared so I figured it was in fact yeast. However, she never called. I got the results in the mail today saying it was negative for everything she swabbed for, including yeast? I'm going to call tomorrow, but, does this make sense? If it wasn't yeast what else was it, why didn't she call, and why did the symptoms go away after I took the pill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• It might have just been some irritation that went away naturally on its own.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• It could have also been bacterial vaginosis. The symptoms feel the same as a yeast infection.
    Anonymous

• What is this and how do you get it? Never heard of it.

bacterial vaginosis
    Anonymous

• check WEBMD.com. It will tell you what bacterial vaginosis is.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:14 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Then again, it may be the type of soap or washing powder that you use that makes your privates sensitive.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:15 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Don't know. I'm just glad you're feeling better. I agree that it was probably a coincidence that the issue was resolved at the same time you took the medication. The only time my doctor calls with results is when they are bad. I'm sure she assumed you'd all ready taken the medication. It sounds like it was just one pill? In which case there was no need to call you and tell you to stop taking the medicine.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 2:31 PM on May. 5, 2011

• could have been just beginning and not bad enough to show up.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:56 PM on May. 5, 2011