Subtitles in movies.

I've always watched movies with English subtitles, all the time. English is my 2nd language and subtitles helped me learn a lot, and even though I'm completely fluent in the language now I can't kick my subtitles habit.

Anyone else watch movies with subtitles?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 10:45 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Entertainment

• We only speak English and still watch movies and TV with the English subtitles on lol. It's so hard to hear movies sometimes especially when they whipser and then the music comes on all loud, plus if the TV is on and our son is still awake it's never quiet enough to hear anything!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• sometimes, but i usually get distracted by them and don't watch the actual picture lol
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• We have the subtitles on our tv all the time no matter what we watch. My husband prefers it that way. Sometimes with all the kids around its hard to catch everything that is said so it makes it easier.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I like scary foreign scary movies with subtitles. I think it makes them more scary.

Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:46 PM on May. 4, 2011

• nope....it gives me a headache to have subtitles on
    Anonymous

• Funny story: I stayed home at Christmas to finish a couple of crocheting projects while DH took the boys to MIL's early. I was elated to think that I could FINALLY watch a movie I had been dying to see that DH had no interest in. I sat down, settled in with my work and started the movie, COMPLETELY forgetting that Girl with the Dragon Tattoo wasn't in English! It just isn't possible to crochet and read a movie! The movie was fantastic and I got the scarfs finished the next morning.

Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Nope- but when my daughter was younger she would always have them on when she watched tv! She was obsessed with reading them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:53 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I like it on movies where they have accents or the volume jumps between high and low a lot because I can't be messing with the volume every 2 seconds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My hubs likes watching movies with subtitles, I do not. I don't like having to 'read' the screen as I am trying to watch the movie... it gets distracting and gives me a headache.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• YES! With 8 kids in the house it can sometimes get very loud, even when they are being "quite". If there weren't subtitles I would miss half the movie!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:33 AM on May. 5, 2011