How can I get my kids to sleep in their own bed!

mykids060911

Asked by mykids060911 at 10:46 PM on May. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• how old?? I'd make them if they are old enough to understand..use night lights and halllights if they are afraid of thedark..maybe a new stuffed animal to snuggle with
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:48 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have both my kids in my bed I can put them in their own beds but come 2 or 3 here they both come they are 5 and 2
    mykids060911

Comment by mykids060911 (original poster) at 10:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I know this will sound cold but, never invite your kids into your bed because you will have a hard time with the long term effects of not being able to have them sleep in their own beds.
    dedrose64

Answer by dedrose64 at 10:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• oh not I dont think that is cold at all TRUST ME I AM LIVING IT NOW!!! LOL my husband and I put them in their rooms when they fall asleep but they always come find us :)
    mykids060911

Comment by mykids060911 (original poster) at 10:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Tough love Mama! My son slept in my bed from last summer up until about a month ago. He will be 3 in July and i do think he is capable of understanding that he has to sleep in his own bed. Some nights were easier then others but my plan of action was to let him cry it out.Trust me it hurt my heart waaaay more then it hurt him! lol Just stick to your guns. Say your prayers and goodnights together then lay them down and walk out of the room. If they get up then simply lay them back down but be sure not to communticate at all! No matter how many times you have to lay them back down stick to it!!! Eventually a routine will occur. Just remember dont let there crying and sad words get to you! Wishing you the best of luck! I just know how good it feels to get your bed back!c : )
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:06 PM on May. 4, 2011

• When they come in your room do you try just walking them back to their beds?
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 11:08 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I have then I will get back in bed and here the come again or my son will play I am hungry card and I feel bad and get up and feed him then he usually doesn't go back to bed with my daughter I just brought her playpen in our room and make her sleep in it realizing it is too early for a toddler bed :) I have talked to the Dr. about my son because he doesn't sleep good and they want to medicate him but I would like to try different things before I jump to anything!!! I think I am going to put a baby gate up to see if that help so I don't have to close the door!
    mykids060911

Comment by mykids060911 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Be consistent. Do not let them fall asleep in your bed. Offer a small reward for sleeping all night in their own bed. As for not sleeping, Melatonin. You can get it at any pharmacy. It's all natural. Your brain makes it to aid in sleeping. Some people do not make enough of it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:19 AM on May. 5, 2011

• When they come to your bed, escort them back to their beds. You are not being mean. You need your sleep, and having two kids in your bed kicking you, shifting, jabbing you in the ribs, and making normal sleep noises will only result in you not being able to function during the following day. Cuddle together on the couch while watching tv or reading books
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:41 AM on May. 5, 2011

• get a book called the no cry sleep solution it really works!
    mommy2bee12-27

Answer by mommy2bee12-27 at 2:37 PM on May. 5, 2011