I got a filling and theres a higher part to the tooth now?

I got fillings today and basically one has a little knotch on top of the tooth from the white filling.. I'm wondering if
-its normal/will go away from chewing
-i will get used to it
-they can fix it next time i go in, without numbing me up

thanks ladies c:

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 10:52 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• If you aren't happy about the filling or have questions then CALL YOUR DENTIST OFFICE AND ASK THEM!!!!!!!!!! For Real
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• ......theyre closed.. obviously I'm going to ask them the next time I go in..
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 10:58 PM on May. 4, 2011

• sounds like your bite is off. that should have been taken care of at the end of the filling visit. its a little normal to have it feel "different" because its foreign substance in your body, you will get used to it. if there is pain or a lot of discomfort, it needs to be addressed.
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 11:01 PM on May. 4, 2011

• This happened to me and it's so annoying. I didn't go back and it did even out or wore off after some time.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like they didn't file it as smooth as they should have. I don't know if they would numb you to do something minor like that or not. I know I have a little excess filling that catches on my floss and makes me think that it will rip the filling out if I yank too hard...they said that they can file it down the next time I go in.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:50 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm betting they can fix it without numbing it. And I am also willing to bet they will work you in. I got Christmas ribbon hung up under my bridge one time. x.x I called the dentist and they told me to come right in and they'd fix it. Took about two minutes. Maybe. I know when I got my last crown, I was not numbed for the fitting. I'm not understanding how it got left like that to begin with. My dentist checks my bite over and over when I get a filling.
    swizzleday

Answer by swizzleday at 2:25 PM on May. 5, 2011