My daughter doesn't want her cousins and aunts from her dads's side to come to her babyshower. She doesn't know them well, and never sees them. I think we should invite his mom though being she is the grandma. My husband says no we either invite them all or none. Also his side is all fighting so half of them won't even be speaking to each other. Should I invite the grandma or skip it? She only wants close family members and friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd say it's up to her. she doesn't need aggravation right now.
    I agree that it would be a nice idea to invite the grandma, but I'd take your husband at his word. if it's none or not at all, then I'd make it none at all.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:09 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Now his mom has been asking if she is having a shower, and I don't know what to say. This is my first daughter to get married and have a baby, so she knows its a big deal. Right now he told her we didn't know if we were having one.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Its your daughters shower, invite who SHE wants. That is a special day for her and her baby!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:33 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Plan two. That's what we did.

When bday party comes up next year, tell them to suck it up, be civil, and that you reserve the right to send anyone home at any moment, no arguments. Worked for us!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:37 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Ask her for a specific list of who she wants if the grandmother is on that list then invite her my MIL did my baby shower and invited people i had never met and it was very uncomfortable and very nearly ruined the big day hope everything turns out great have fun and congrats :)
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 12:34 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Invite and if they do not come its not on you or your daughter. Think of the gifts for the baby that you will need. And it keeps Grandpa happy.
    Leeli12410

Answer by Leeli12410 at 12:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• her babyshower she should be happy. dont make it about family, let her baby shower be memorable not a disaster. My family always tries to force things like this and it always ends horribly.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 12:52 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I believe that it should be yu daughter's decision. GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES TO YOUR DAUGHTER.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 12:56 AM on May. 5, 2011

• It should be your daughter's decision, not your husbands. It's her party and if she wants just close family and friends than they should be the only ones invited. You could always ask if your daughter could handle two showers, one for close family and friends and another to placate the rest of the family. When I was pregnant with my first child I wasn't close with my dad's side of the family, they all still lived in Ireland (my parents moved to the US when they were 17 and me and my siblings were born and raised here, we only saw my dad's family during summer vacations but by the time I was 3 most of my mom's family also moved here so I grew up with them). After my DD was born we took a trip to Dublin to visit my dad's family and they threw me a party to celebrate my DD's birth.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 1:10 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Throw two. One with the people she wants, and another with the people your dh wants.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 10:28 AM on May. 5, 2011