Circumcision

can youget your baby boy circumcised right after you give birth or atleast on the same hospital visit? i have heard you need to wait 3 days or so but i wanted to know what you ladies think or know about it.

wifey000175554

Asked by wifey000175554 at 11:12 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My ds was circ. The day after he was born, before we left the hospital. However, he had the band and I don't know if that had anything to do with it
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My son was circumcised the next day before we left.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:13 PM on May. 4, 2011

• U know,that is not necessary. It is surgery! The babies feel alot of pain,the doctor cannot give them anything for pain. There r no medical benefits for it either.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:16 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I also agree with Dancer on this topic.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 PM on May. 4, 2011

• LOL. Every time someone starts a discussion of circumcision, I just KNOW that it will end up being over 100 posts amd the new young Moms will be telling us that it is not needed and it is mutilation ....and the older ,well-informed, educated moms will say that it is an excellent idea to have baby boys circumcised.
    It is a matter of choice. And knowledge.
    Or lack of knowledge.
    A matter of cleanliness and prevention of disease.and it is NOT mutilation.
    WHy don't we all just agree that it is nobody's business , and stop discussing this??? I think we should.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:21 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Due to insurance problems my son wasn't circumcised until he was a couple months old. I don't regret the procedure, but I do regret HIS situation. He was too big for even their biggest board so he wound up with a diaper under his head, and half his head sticking out the top of the board. He was pissed about that and screamed through the whole procedure. He did get a local anesthetic though, before they started.

Another Mom sent me a TON of links to information about circumcisions, I'll happily share them if you ask.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:28 PM on May. 4, 2011

• My son was born preemie so we had to wait the two weeks until he came home. Maybe even longer but I'm pretty sure they do it before you leave the hospital.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:29 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Before I answer your question I will say that whatever choice YOU make for YOUR child will be the right one. It's none of our business.

Anyway, well my son was circumcised on his 2nd day at the hospital and my OB-GYN was the one who did it. And they told me that he didn't even cry at all, he was happy. They were shocked and so was I.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:38 PM on May. 4, 2011

• You can have your child circumcised right after they are born, but it isnt recommended because they like to observe and let the baby stabalize before then. Circumcision is a surgery, so they sure don't want anything to go wrong.
    CoiaCuppcake

Answer by CoiaCuppcake at 11:47 PM on May. 4, 2011

• my son was circumsied the day after i think...by the doctor who delivered him... it was sad i cried when the took him back but it was pretty fast and he was right back in my arms...he didnt seem to be in much pain and it was a little hard to care for it afterward being a first time mom and all but it healed pretty fast too... we agreed when we knew we were having a boy to get it done right away... i would hate to have to clean that for him when he is like 6 and doesnt really know how... i knew a guy who didnt have it done and it looked strange to me and he always complained about having to clean it out and stuff and he really wanted it to be circumsized but had to wait till he was 18... can you imagine being 18 and feeling and remembering the pain opposed to being just born and not remembering it at all....
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2011