Did you have a baby shower with each baby, or only your first?

I have only had one with my first, because I know one side of my family would think it was inappropriate. I am pregnant with my third, and a lot of people have offered to throw one for me, but knowing how half of my family feels, I have declined.

Just wondering what everyone else has done/thinks.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:33 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have a DD and a DS and had a shower for both (also ttc baby #3 and family have already asked to throw the shower for that baby as well). My personal opinion is that the shower is to celebrate the baby and that each baby should be celebrated and that is also my family's opinion.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:40 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I'm on baby # 3 and I only had one with my first...so far. Hoping to have one this time!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:43 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Well, your supposed to have one baby shower and that's with your first child. But, it's 2011 and more and more people seem to be having baby showers with all there pregnancies . Also , in my opinion, a baby shower is not just a way of receiving gifts , it's a celebration for you and your baby....
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 11:44 PM on May. 4, 2011

• I didn't have one for my first but I did for my second and I don't see anything wrong with accepting if someone wants to throw you one or if you want to do it yourself. I agree with Mikayla lynn that every baby should be celebrated. If you feel wrong accepting gifts you can put that they are optional on the invitation.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:47 PM on May. 4, 2011

• First only.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:51 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Girl, accept away. It is okay to celebrate that little one no matter if it is your first or your third little blessing.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• well i only had one with my first. i am now having my 3rd. but all my kids are really close together (my oldest is going to be 3 in july and my second is going to be 2 in sept.) i oblviously am not in need of any baby things. however, if your children are further apart and/or if someone wants to throw you a party... i think it is fine to accept. and if you feel awkward bc it isnt your first, just clarify that gifts are optional.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:08 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I didn't have a baby shower, instead my family hosted a "meet the baby" a week after Baby was born. Very nice, and none of those cruel-to-the-pregnant-mom games!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I had one with my second, not first. with my first I had just moved to a new state, and didn't know anybody.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:58 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I didn't actually have a shower for my first pregnancy. We had one planned and everyone invited, but my twins came 9 weeks early- one week before the shower! Because I had to be flown to another town to have them and they spent a month in the NICU there we didn't even try to keep the scheduled shower. We had them at the beginning of flu season so even after they came home we couldn't do one because they couldn't be exposed to large groups of people. We did have a shower while I was pregnant with #3 because I didn't get one the first time. Then after she was born we had a "meet & greet" party. We didn't really need much since she was #3, but I didn't suggest if people wanted to give gifts a frozen meal would be great! Now I am pregnant again and we are planning a couple "meet & greets" afterward for people to meet the new baby. We are suggesting frozen meals or cloth diapering supplies if anyone wants to give gifts.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:24 AM on May. 5, 2011