30 weeks pregnant and the doctor put me on bed rest.. What does bed rest really even mean? Staying in bed all day long ??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you pregnant?
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:47 PM on May. 4, 2011

• that really depends on the severity of the bed rest. i would check with your doc on the specifics. some docs mean dont do activity but you may move around the house such as to the couch to bed but no shopping and such. other bed rest means you go potty and get in bed no walking around or anything. some women are allowed to shower on sever bed rest others must sponge bath. be sure to call your doc for your specifics
    aschwarz06

Answer by aschwarz06 at 11:52 PM on May. 4, 2011

• yeah i would call your doctor and ask
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:54 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Yes, I'm 30 weeks pregnant
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 PM on May. 4, 2011

• Congratulations. I am so jealous of you. You are about to have your baby, and I am at the beginning of my pregnancy. (I hate the nausea!) Can you tell that I am just a little anxious? :) My DH and I can't wait to meet our little one. I am sorry to hear that you have been put on bed rest. Hang in there.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Thank you everyone ... Dustbunny, congrats on ur pregnancy ... How far along r u ? You have no idea how badly I want these two months to go by quickly ... I can't wait to give birth... I'm exhausted lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• what a neglegant doctor, he should have explained that to you. Pretty much it means you need to be resting, not getting up and just relaxing.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree the dr should have been clear on what he/she wanted you to do. You need to ask since they know exactly why they are putting you on bedrest and what activity you can tolerate. Usually bedrest means you are horizontal, laying down- it can be in bed, on the couch or whatever, by you are not up, moving around or active. Sometimes you are allowed to sit up as much as you want but not be up and moving around. It depends on the reasons. If they want to keep baby and things from puting pressure on the cervix ad pelvis you will need to laying down. If they just don't want you to overdue it, you may be allowed to sit and just rest most of the day.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:15 AM on May. 5, 2011