Bone in foot burns

Yeah the last couple days the heel bone of my foot has been like burning off and on. It is not the outside of my foot at all, it is inside and my foot has no fungus or infection or anything on the outside. It looks completely healthy. But it's like the bone feels like it is burning? Anyone else have this happen? The only time I felt a burning sensation like this was when I had a fracture but that was cuz the doctor put this tuning fork thing to it while vibrating and that made my foot burn and we found I had a fracture. So I dunno.

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 11:57 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Health

• The pain is in the wrong place for a Morton's neuroma.... that presents wiht pain between the metatarsals, up near the ball of the foot. I have treated that a few times. If it's still happening it's time to see your doc.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:14 PM on May. 9, 2011

• That burning is nerve pain. It may be caused by inflammation putting pressure on a nerve, nerve injury/damage, damage or bruising of the periosteum (covering) of the bone, stress fracture, or some other pathology... I couldn't even begin to nail it down with out physically examining your foot. Best treatment is RICE... Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation. NSAIDS such as Advil/ibuprofen can be helpful as well. If it continues past a few days after RICE you should see your doc!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:06 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Could be Morton's neuroma. Especially since something has been broken in your foot before. Do not wear socks or shoes with toes for awhile. Let the foot spread apart in sandals or flip flops. Protect the foot by wearing thicker soled sandals like Clark's.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 9:11 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I saw the doctor today and he thinks it may be some nerve damage in my heel but I also chipped off some of the bone on the outside of my ankle so I am wearing a soft cast for at least 4 weeks and he gave me a shot for inflammation in my heel today. OUCH! That needle was HUGE!
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 10:54 PM on May. 9, 2011

• Hope that give you some relief ASAP!! Hang in there!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:17 AM on May. 10, 2011