Have you ever felt like god is giving you a sign?

My ex-boyfriend is in the army. He broke up with me because he didn't want to drag my daughter and I through two years a part. I cried for days and couldn't eat. I am so connected to him. He got orders to get stationed in other country for 2 yrs. My daughter dad said no way in hell can I leave the coutry with her. I have been praying A LOT asking god should I wait for him. God has been showing me a lot of signs to stick in there and wait. I thought it would be nice to hear other stories of signs from god gave other people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on May. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Never. God has never given me a sign.If you start looking for clues you can find anything that starts looking like "signs"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Not so much a sign, but a definite feeling of peace and assurance that I have made a right choice.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Never have I felt a god was communicating with me in any way. Given your heightened emotional state I am sure your subconscious can find justification in anything. Kinda like statistics... they can be twisted so we see what we want to see.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I am a person that feels alone a lot and lost. When i held my cross and cried my eyes out to god asking what I should do. I feel like a little girl in her daddys arms. I feel so strong and devoted to waiting for him to come back home to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't really know about signs, but I've felt like God has "spoken" to me before (as in suddenly, while praying, a realization hit me, or a question was answered... which some would call my subconscious).
    But that being said, God might not being saying "Stay and wait for him to come back to you"... just "stay where you are for now." God's got a plan for you that will be revealed in his own time. Just keep praying and asking for guidance (then accept that guidance, even when it's not what you want to hear, and follow it)... eventually it will all work in a way best for you and your life....
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 1:49 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Hey love how are you? Let me tell you this Our heavenly father works in mysterious ways and he says in his word behold i stand at the door and knock if anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in. he tells us to harden not our hearts. He loves us and he is always here for us and he constantly speaks to us. Weather it's through prayer, his heavenly angels through other people etc. I for one believe Jesus is real I believe he died and rose again for all our sins. I believe in angels and Our Heavenly Father. I also believe prayer changes things and I believe he hears and answers all prayers even if it's a yes no or wait. So honey just pray stay encouraged and know that Our heavenly Father has the final say so. Man can't close a door he can't open. He can do all things if you just believe.
    jenkinswife2011

Answer by jenkinswife2011 at 4:40 AM on May. 5, 2011

• It's just YOUR gut feeling- you can give it any name you want, but in reality, that's what it is. I say stop attributing it to god and give yourself some credit.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:35 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I do believe God guides me and I have known with absolute certainty what he wanted on a few occassions.

I am kind of worried about you though. Why would you wait for someone that left you? IMO, if he really cared about you he would make it work. My husband spent a year at another duty station before he proposed to me. I'm not trying to get in your business..sorry if it seems that way. I would just hate to see a young woman with a child waiting around for something that isn't there.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• well...not in any real human sense. i have a brain, experience, intelligence, forethought (sometimes), and have learned to discern good and bad 'vibes'. i could say God gave me those 'gifts', but i feel if anyone is open to sitting down and thinking things through before acting hastily, they too can make the correct decisions for themselves. i mean, THANK GOD I HAVE A BRAIN..KWIM?
    what i always remember when faced with decisions, big or small, is ''when in doubt, leave it out''...meaning, if i have doubt about something, i should stop and wait, rather than act.
    in this scenario you gave, it sounds like your bf did the right thing..if its worth having (the relationship), its worth waiting for.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:16 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes, signs and direction but I can't remember specifics right this moment ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:55 PM on May. 5, 2011