Dad hanging out with my ex

My dad totally despised my sons bio dad when him and I were dating. Things were okay at first and then he became really abusive. He refused to work and help support my son and eventually decided he wasn't ready for a serious relationship so he called the cops and told them to put me and my son out. I freely left b4 they even got there and slowly but surely moved on with my life. That was 3 years ago. I'm now 24 married and happy, and after his recent release from prison after serving a yr, my ex has made his presence known by going to my fathers housewith his very flirtatious mother whose always admitted her liking for my dad (he has money and she is a gold digger). My ex lives extremely close (2 houses away) to my mom and about 10 minutes from me, but never attempts to approach me or my mom directly knowing his wrongs in the past. When he was first released I tried to set up a child support/visitation plan with him like a civil adult-he never did it. I didn't worry about it because I don't need the support and I actually plan to have his rights removed I've just been trying to give him the chance to do the right thing. But he was more worried about getting in my pants-not a chance. I spoke with my dad and he sees nothing wrong with hanging out with my ex, saying 'he's my sons bio dad BUT HE NEVER SUPPORTED HIM OR GAVE A CRAP ABOUT HIM. And my son doesn't even know him. My dad always asks to let my son stay at his house and I know its because my ex comes over. I don't want him around my son but I don't want to punish my dad, but he's disrespecting me as a woman coming out of a abusive relationship and a parent.  He's even started popping up on all my social networking pages requesting me as a friend, and sending me messages. Advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell your dad it's not ok. I can't believe he'd have someone hang around who abused his daughter. That's a definite no. If it was me, I'd tell him my son wouldn't be staying over. Ever. I understand that you don't want to punish your dad, but for this he deserves it.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:17 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Stay away. That is all.

Once jailtime is involved, its on HIM to make up for lost time. Don't entertain him. Tell dad that bd is NOT allowed, and if he comes around, dad will lose visitation.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i told my dad time and time again he even called me at work and argued with me about not being bothered with him. I asked him why he would entertain him and he told me it was his house and he could do what he wanted to. I stopped letting my son go for awhile and he calmed down but now its started all over again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:23 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i would tell your dad as long as he continues to hang out with your ex your son will be going over there and neither will you. and if he chooses the ex over you and your son that's sad but all you can say is that's his choice and move on.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 2:34 PM on May. 5, 2011