Do you rock your toddler to sleep?

Is it bad that I still rock my 13 mth daughter to sleep EVERY night? My therapist said it was...any Moms who rocked their babies have any thoughts? She's never got herself to sleep...:/

Ella_Bella20

Asked by Ella_Bella20 at 12:16 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I see nothing wrong with it. Although, I did it a lot, but, I also co-slept and we would climb into bed and just go to sleep.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I don't think it's bad if you and she enjoy it. I couldn't with mine (wayyy before she was a toddler) because she'd scream regardless. To me, what works, works.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 12:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I would still rock my babies if they would fit on my lap~ or let me! lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:19 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I rock my kids but not to sleep, just for a few minutes until they are ready for bed. I rock my three year old and my 19 month old, both will tell me I'm done or otherwise indicate that they are ready for bed.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 12:23 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My daughter usually wont go to sleep on her own either. i dont rock her but she will either sit on my lap or lay beside me. its up to you, you are the parent. good luck!
    mommy630212

Answer by mommy630212 at 12:26 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I've tried laying in bed with her..but she just gets up and tries to look out the window! :S I love rocking her..so my therapist loses this one! lol Thanks ladies! :D
    Ella_Bella20

Comment by Ella_Bella20 (original poster) at 12:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Do what make you and baby happy and content. A friend of mine (who's children are older) gave me advice when I was preggo... She said "hold them as much as you can, while you can" :-) I think it'sprecious, bonding time!
    praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 12:38 AM on May. 5, 2011

• uugghh we spent some time with my MIL this summer and she would rock Grey to sleep. It's a sad thing to break but afetr only 5 minutes of crying he woud cry himself to sleep. Now I Just tell him its bedtime andhe goes straight to his toddler bed.
    jlfield

Answer by jlfield at 3:37 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I occasionally rock my 2 year old and even my 4 1/2 year old twins to sleep, especially if they are sick or something stressfull has happened. It has been happening a lot more lately since I am ready to pop with #4. I want to get in all the snuggle time I can before the baby comes! I do agree though that once it becomes a habit it is hard to break! I am currently trying to get the 2 year old back into her own bed all night since she started sleeping with us during a particularily nasty cold she had awhile ago!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:05 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I rock my 19 month old! We still co-sleep too. Like praying4baby985's friend says, "hold them as much as you can, while you can!". Sometimes she is so tired she will just lay with me and go to sleep but I still enjoy rocking her as much as she enjoys it=]
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:49 PM on May. 5, 2011