Mom of premies

My daughter was born this past Sunday (may 1st). She is three months premature. She is in the NICU. At birth she was 1 pound 4 ounces. I was wondering if there are any mom out there who had or have a premature baby and if you could share your story good or bad. And any advice you have. thank you

Justins_mommy05

Asked by Justins_mommy05 at 12:27 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hugs

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:31 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My daughter was by no means as early as your little peanut. She was a month early, was 5 lbs 6 oz., and had slight jaundice. She is thriving now beyond belief and doing even better than those age that stayed in 9 mths.

My prayers are with you and your precious miracle! Stay strong new Mama,..(or new mama again)
    Hugs
    Ella_Bella20

Answer by Ella_Bella20 at 12:34 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My son was 1 month early but he was a baby giant at 8 lbs 7 oz. He had pneumonia and acidosis sepsis and the list goes on and on oh and jaundice too. But after 2 weeks exactly he was able to come home.

My daughter is a whole other story, I went into premature labor 3 times the 3rd time they said let her come so she was a month early as well. The first time I went into labor with her I was dilating and the contractions wouldn't stop so they gave me steroids to mature her lungs. So when she did come out she ended up having freakishly strong lungs from the meds and when she took her first breath popped her lung its called pneumo-thorax (not sure on spelling) Well the next day she popped the other lung as well. Then that night the air was filling up in her chest cavity and she stopped breathing, they had to revive her and then cut a hole in her chest and put a tube there to drain the air from her chest that was seeping out throu
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:10 AM on May. 5, 2011

• cont:
    through her lungs. She didn't look like my baby after a while. She was ity bity and swollen and looked asian and yellow. She came home after 2 weeks of pure hell on both our ends. That was by far the hardest thing I have ever been through. They told us that they didn't know why it was happening or how to stop it.
    One family member even had the balls to ask if we should make funeral arrangements. At that point it hadn't even crossed my mind.
    I went into a deep depression that 2 years later I am still trying to recover from.
    But on the flip side both my kids are healthy happy and good kids. I had them at the best hospital in so cal for a nicu dept. And I know your baby will be just as healthy :) Good luck and congrats on your new baby
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:13 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I had a friend who had her baby five months early her baby weighed pound he came out of the hospital last week weighing six pounds and healthy
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 2:17 AM on May. 5, 2011

• my daughter was born 5weeks early at 5lbs, not so early as yours but with all early babies they need alot of care and support.....the advise i would give you is to take care of your self, i no its hard to put one self first but its so importnant that u stay well and healthly.

just stay strong, bigs hugs and prayers to u and the little one.x
    gem05

Answer by gem05 at 2:30 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Just take it day by day and enjoy every minute with your baby. Its going to be a long journey until your baby comes home but the main thing is to stay strong for your baby. There will be highs and lows but just keep praying. We will keep your family in our prayers. The first time you get to hold her is a day you will never forget. God Bless!
    TWOpeazINaPOD

Answer by TWOpeazINaPOD at 11:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i had my daughter 3 months early..... she was in a childrens hospital for 1 1/2 months then was transfered to a hopital that was closer to my home town..... it was hard but you get through it.... i went in labor at 20 weeks and was put on meds and at 28 weeks my water broke and i was sent to a hospital thats 2 hours away which i had to stay there till i had her then 2 days later i had to leave her which wasnt easy.....at a week old they took her pix line out and it stopped her heart and they had to bring her back.. it prob wont happen to ur baby its not the pix line its self it was just stress on her heart... any ways she started getting better and came home when she was almost 3 months.. well good luck to you and ur baby and i hope you get good news throught out her journy at the hospital....
    babymama0000

Answer by babymama0000 at 5:20 PM on May. 5, 2011