Anyone else been prescribed Zoloft while pregnant?? due to anxiety issues...

no neg comments pls. my doctor says its safe and a low dose, even though ive seen ads on tv about the dangers. she says that its not true and that u can have the same chances of having a heart attack from eating a cheese burger.
i just want to know if anyone has taken it while preg. i dont want any negative feed back please and thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes I was on it when I was pregnant with my oldest, it helped and I went to a counselor and that really helped. My first was actually my healthiest pregnancy and newborn. My second child had a fetal arrhythmia and the doctors wanted to hold off the c-section longer because they believed she'd need a respirator when she was born, my twins were born healthy but the pregnancy was hell.

anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:38 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I have not, I was on zoloft in the beginning of my last pregnancy, than I was switched toprozac and I didn't like that so I just stopped using the meds (bad idea) I personaly think you will be fine. it's a small risk, one that probably won't happen.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 1:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Your doctor is very much misinformed and it is a safe bet that he got his training from a pharmaceutical rep whose business it is to sell as much of that drug as possible. And comparing the dangers of a psychotropic medication, for a pregnant woman no less, to a cheeseburger causing a heart attack is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. ZOLOFT IS DANGEROUS TO YOU AND ESPECIALLY TO YOUR UNBORN CHILD. I'm not bashing you, but him. If you have time to watch this, you should. I've been researching for over 20 years in this area and you are being fed a lie.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:11 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My doctor told my I could not take medicine for that while Im pregnant. I was on abilify and paxil, but she made me stop immediatly
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 7:37 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i was on cymbalta when i first found out i was pregnant but i stopped that cold turkey i am just one of those people that wont risk taking any meds while i am pregnant
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 10:22 AM on May. 5, 2011

• well i feel like my doctor wouldnt prescribe it to me if it was potentionally dangerous.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on May. 5, 2011