Having trouble getting to sleep.

My 3 month old puts up a really big fight when I try to put him to sleep at night. It usually takes me to about 2 am just to get him too sleep. I can let him cry himself cause my daughter and my husband. My husband has to be up at 4 am for work and he gets mad if there is any slight noise that wakes him up. I just need some advice on how I can get him to sleep a little easier every night.

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 12:38 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It really helps if you spend time outside in the stroller or just playing in the yard or park on a blanket. He might also be gassy and a little uncomfortable and so you can either burp him or find cheap gas drops at walmart. But also sometimes babies get a little hungrier and so I would put a pinch a Gerber Oatmeal w/bananas baby cereal in their milk and it would fill them up better. i've used all of these methods with my girls plus once in awhile I'd have to take them for a drive. A baby swing is Awesome and gives u that little break while baby is soothed. It's good for up till they are six months.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• GL!
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:40 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Ugh. Mine's 5mo, and I still haven't figured him out.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Hmmmm considering your husband is no help i don't know? gl!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 12:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i have a similar lifestyle as I have a 4 year old and a husband who has to be up and 1am so goes to bed a 6pm so Im always playing the shush game. With my oldest his swing was my best friend. I would give him a warm bath and a massage with some baby lotion, and a warm bottle. I would burp him swaddle him and put him in his swing. This did the trick every time. Most swings come with music players so you could play a soft lullaby as well to soothe him. When he was a little older I even began to add chamomile to his milk which also helped but check with your ped. first before trying that I'm sure it wont hurt but I always play it safe.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 12:44 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Have him listen to a song or read a book to him. Or have him play outside for and hour.
    sextoy

Answer by sextoy at 12:52 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Sextoy, baby is three MONTHS old. Play outside is great for three years. **smile**

What's the nap picture? You may need to drop a nap. Or two. DO NOT let him cry... too early. CIO experts say no sooner than six months for this.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:02 AM on May. 5, 2011