OMG!! MY BOOBS!!

Ok... Im 25 weeks prego, This is my first baby... and I know that your boobs let off milk and all that.. But I was squeezing my boob (because I was looking at my nipples and they looked like they have little cracks and holes in them) So I got curious and squeezed. This clear liquid came out. Is this normal... and will my boobs always do that from now on,... when the baby grows out of breastfeeding??? Yesssss... It may seem like common sense to some women who already have had a baby or have looked into this... But I haven't so please!!! Help...

Shanti0327

Asked by Shanti0327 at 12:41 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mines did the same when I had my son, I didnt breastfeed and they eventually stopped leaking when he was about 3 months ( i tried for awhile and I could grasp it) Im pregnant again and Im 28 weeks mines are also cracked however they dont leak. Pick up some nursing pads from babies r us to insert in your bra. If you plan on breastfeeding you should consider enrolling in a lactation class. I was unaware of a lot of things and I became so frustrated because I didn't get properly educated.
    thelovelymzbre

Answer by thelovelymzbre at 12:50 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Its called colostrum, its whats your baby will "eat", if you decide to breastfeed, until your milk comes in! ITS PERFECTLY NORMAL!!!! Just go to wal-mart, target, etc to the baby section and look for breast pads. Best of luck momma!!!
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 1:19 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Yep, it's colostrum. Your baby will feast on the clear liquid for a day or two (or more) until you start making milk. I "leaked" a few drops every day starting at 24 weeks. Now Baby is 3 weeks old, and I'm just dripping milk...sometimes ounces per day... You'll need those breast pads when your little one comes!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 1:24 AM on May. 5, 2011

• This is super normal ! I didn't leak much until the baby was born,but I could tell the my boobs were getting heavy. If I squeezed them a little bit, milk sure would leak out ! Don't freak ! You are A OK !
    Gnomes

Answer by Gnomes at 1:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm 24 weeks and my boobs have been leaking for like 3 weeks. I was freaked out at first, too because it's my first pregnancy and I didn't know it could happen that soon but it's totally normal :)
    AmandaJean825

Answer by AmandaJean825 at 8:31 AM on May. 5, 2011

• TOTALLY NORMAL! Lol. Its called colostrum, its what comes out before the actual milk. I started producing it at about 20 weeks...it was very awkward how I came to find out I was producing colostrum...me and the hubby were getting it on...and well, you can guess what happened haha.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 2:44 AM on May. 6, 2011

• LOL... I'm glade I didn't find out that way... XD
    Shanti0327

Comment by Shanti0327 (original poster) at 8:24 AM on May. 6, 2011