Is religon the only reason ...

for gay people to not be aloud to marry ?

What are the other reasons of why they would not be aloud to?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Someone just turned the heater on in here. Its about to get HOT!!! lol
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:00 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Do you mean allowed to? Yes! I believe it's religion...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Well I never meant this to be a "hot" thing lol....

i seen a thing about gay marriage and it made me think ( I never really paid that much attention before ) .... But i really dont know - IS religon the only thing that people go against it for, I really cant understand any other reason.... and even the people who use religon, do they follow the bible EXACTLY ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I think part is religion and some other ppl because they don't want to accept "gay" just like some ppl don't accept other because of the color of their skin. Some are just as bad about sexual orientation.
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 1:05 AM on May. 5, 2011

• In the Old Testament, the Bible states that it is as the sin of witch craft, and God commanded that witches be killed.

But, when Jesus came, died on the cross, shed His blood for our sins, a lot of the old testament rules and regulations were nullified, like their diet, etc. (I could name more, but I don't think I have enough space.)

Yes, I still believe that homosexuality is a sin, but so is a lot of other stuff people do. If that is the way they want to run their lives, then OK. But yes, religion does play a huge role in why most people are against them getting married because under God, only one man and one woman can ever be married. Legally, though, let them if they wish to live together. I'm past the point of caring whether or not they can get married. If it'll make 'em happy, then by all means, allow it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:17 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I am a Christian, but I will tell you this...I would MUCH rather see two caring people (regardless of sex) be married, living together, adopting kids, whatever...than 2 people man/woman abusive and hating each other and abusing their kids....That's just my opinion...as far as the religion thing goes...I think conservatives are very strongly against it, maybe others...I dunno...what people do with their life is their business...I don't have a problem with it.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:10 AM on May. 5, 2011

• No,religion is definitely not the only reason.It just seems the religious people are the most vocal about it.Just answering your question.I won't be drawn into any big,drama filled debate about it.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 8:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• yeah....pretty much...

Religion is the major factor as to why gays cannot marry.

If it doesn't have to do with religion...then what other reason is there?

Some people just think "it's gross"...but so is eating pigs feet ....but that is legal....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:14 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Here's my thoughts - though they tend to make both sides of this issue mad...
    I think that
    1) everyone who is already married should be grandfathered - we don't have to re-do anything.
    2) anyone - gay or straight - who wants to be legally considered partners recognized by the govt (taxes, next of kin, health insurance, etc) needs to go down to the courthouse and apply for / sign / have notarized / file (whatever you want to call it) a civil union contract. There would be no vows, no justice of the peace or clergy, nothing. You would be applying for a license just like you were at, say, the DMV or the county courthouse doing a title or deed transfer. They do NOT have a "marriage" they have a civil union.
    3) anyone - gay or straight couple - who wants to have a marriage, then would apply to the clergy of their faith and have a religious (no legal binding) ceremony to enter into a marriage covenant / sacrament.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:23 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I can think of plenty others besides religion: hate, intolerance, ignorance and narrow-mindedness all come to mind.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:25 AM on May. 5, 2011