Can i help him understand....?

My son know when he has to pee now and when i say lets go potty he will try to fight me or say he doesn't have to go. I will sometimes just him be and let the accident happen and he ABSOLUTELY hates to be wet or if he poops so i know he is very ready he is just a busy boy that doesn't want to slow down to go pee. We've been doing the every 15 to 30 min we go to potty whether he needs to or not and he hasn't fought me on that anymore here lately but i want him to start telling me when he needs to go. His nana and papa told me today that he tells them when he has to go.....so I am a lil frustrated lol why not me too! :) Any ideas, tips?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 1:06 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is he? You might have to put it off a little longer... if he was truly ready, he would be all over it. Some kids are ready, some aren't. I'll tell ya what though, when they are ready, they will truly NOT want to have an accident. When the granddaughters were ready, it was all their decision... once we started with panties, they never had accidents, even at night. It was all their decision though. Don't push the issue, you might be making the situation worse.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• He 28 months old. He loves to go potty just has accidents if I don't take him regularly every 15-30 min. but will go for his nana and papa without them asking him.
    leann74016

Comment by leann74016 (original poster) at 1:14 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Might wanna try putting a few cheerios in the toilet bowl and have him try to sink them. That might be an incentive to go to the potty.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 1:46 AM on May. 5, 2011