Restrepo?

Did you see this? The guy who filmed it just died in Libya....

jeanclaudia

Asked by jeanclaudia at 2:06 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I havent seen it because I know a few of the guys in the movie, and I don't think I would stop crying, and if I did I would never let my DH deploy again.

Michigan-Mom it's a documentary on the COP Restrepo in the Korengal Valley in Afghanistan, it followed the 2-503rd PIR 173rd brigade ABN unit Battle Company for one year. My Dh is in the 2-503 now.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:20 AM on May. 5, 2011

• see what?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:15 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My SO and I watched it. It was intense and wonderful. My SO is former military and he liked it just as much as I.
    Sparklecoon

Answer by Sparklecoon at 3:21 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Yes it was excellent. I knew he was one of the two reporters that died a couple weeks or so ago.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:50 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Restrepo? Is that a movie? Didn't see it and didn't hear about the death. In Libya, does that mean in combat?
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Hubby watched it all the way through when one of our friends was visiting. I only caught bits and pieces because his wife is one that likes to talk when she's watching a movie. It gave them both nightmares that night so I'm guessing it was accurate. I hadn't realized the reporter was killed. Prayers to his family!
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 9:58 AM on May. 5, 2011