When did you try

Sleep training with your child. Was the first effort a success? I'm not asking for the 'best' times to start trying just what age did you try and succeed with it.

LadyMitres

Asked by LadyMitres at 2:20 AM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• my first child came pre sleep trained, lol. by the time I was home from hospital (5 weeks) daddy had put the smack down and baby was sleeping 3-5 hours a stretch at that point and had to be woken up to eat. from there he just slept more and more and more gradually and by 8 or 9 mos old he slept 12 hours and was up 12 hours w/ noooo naps (unless we went for a car ride)

baby #2 was spoiled, overheld, co slept sometimes, etc etc and she ran the house til well past her 1st birthday. we would be scared to even get up and pee because she'd wake up. we couldn't bare to hear her cry so we'd give in to every whine and wimper
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:11 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I started around 8-9 months with my first and I wasn't successful, I think I should have starting establishing a routine a little earlier...

good luck

BlessednHappy

Answer by BlessednHappy at 2:55 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Thank you so much for sharing with me. It's greatly appreciated.
    LadyMitres

Comment by LadyMitres (original poster) at 3:15 AM on May. 5, 2011

• At around 4mos. old when they were eating at 8a 12n 4p and 8p change diaper, and after the last bottle straight to bouncy chair would fall asleep then we would transfer them to the crib. If they started crying we would give the pacifier back and come out of the room im not saying don't go in i would never leave a child scream but when you go in just don't take them out of the crib don't turn bright lights on you'll be up a couple times a night for roughly 2 weeks but this seems to have worked GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 11:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• 1 AND A HALF
    mommy2bee12-27

Answer by mommy2bee12-27 at 2:14 PM on May. 5, 2011