Baby movenment..is this normal?

I felt the first proper tap, tap, tap kicking last saturday, but I haven't felt anything that strong since. I guessing at 19 1/2 weeks it's normal that it will come and go? Does that sound right?
Thanks very much :)

rockley31

Asked by rockley31 at 3:22 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• When worried call the doctor having said that, at 20 weeks I only felt my daughter intermittently since she only moved around enough to feel like a has bubble
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 3:26 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I barely ever felt my son....I just figured he had no room after a while but he came out 7pds 3 oz.
    jlfield

Answer by jlfield at 3:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah that sounds right. The further along you get, the stronger the movements will be and you'll start to feel them more frequently. I wouldn't really worry about them coming and going this early on. You'll notice a more frequent pattern of movement as you get further into your pregnancy. Don't worry!! Congrats!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:29 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Thanks for the advice, I didn't think it too serious, but I thought I'd check. I have a scan next week so that will put my mind at ease :)
    rockley31

Comment by rockley31 (original poster) at 3:35 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I didn't feel my daughter move until 18 weeks and then didn't really feel her moving or kicking much again until closer to 21 weeks. Now I'm 24 weeks and she won't stop moving LOL
    AmandaJean825

Answer by AmandaJean825 at 8:29 AM on May. 5, 2011

• That is great that you felt your little one but it is too early to worry about not feeling them for a bit. As they get bigger you will feel him/her more and more.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:06 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I'm 20 weeks and 6 days pregnant and i started feeling him move around 17 weeks but when i turned 20 weeks i didnt feel him move for 2 days straight i didnt think that was right cus i remember feeling my daughter all the time when i was pregnant with her so i call my doctor immediately and they said for me to go straight to L&D so i did as soon as my husband came home and they a ultrasound and he was moving all over the place then everything was fine so i just started feeling him move again yesterday .I hope everything goes good for you .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 9:55 AM on May. 5, 2011

• yes its nomal just tell dr if u feel nothing or pain
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 5:42 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Thanks for all the advice.
    I went along to have my 20 week scan yesterday and bub is fine and moving a lot, I'm just not feeling a lot of it until I get whacked in the hipbone. And I found out that I am having a little girl :)
    rockley31

Comment by rockley31 (original poster) at 3:13 AM on May. 10, 2011