Does your child watch T.V too closely?

No matter how hard we try to correct this, son still does this everyday. In his well check last year, there was an eye exam & results did not bother his doctor. Said its too early to tell

filmom2ethan

Asked by filmom2ethan at 3:22 AM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• nope, but they cannot. the TV is up on fireplace mantel .... and couches/chairs face it. If it was low, though, I would still make them sit on couch, far away. Not for fear of the eyes though but because I don't like the kids on the floor since my sons asthma is so unpredictable.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:25 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I ende3d up wall mounting mine, Grey liked to climb and sit in front of it! It freaked me out!
    jlfield

Answer by jlfield at 3:27 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My son tries to....if I walk out of the room for 30 seconds he will make his way from the couch to about a foot in front of the TV. When I walk back in the room I will make him sit back on the couch. His eyes are fine, too. I'm not sure what the obsession to be so close to the TV is!! Of course, he only stays interested in what he's watching for about 5 minutes before he starts playing with his toys! I can't wait until I can wall mount mine (we currently rent, but are in the process of buying).
    Danda08

Answer by Danda08 at 7:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• They did when they were little. We made a rule that if they were watching tv they had to be behind an imaginary line drawn out from one of our chairs.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on May. 5, 2011

• just so you know that is an old wives tale! TVs today do not effect kids eyes, back when TVs were first out they would b/c they used microwaves and those microwaves would damage the eye.... now a days we do not use that same technology and the eyes are safe from damage! Yocan google it and see..... I found out from MythBusters, my doctor and Healthnet
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:26 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Does telling them they'll go blind like some of our parents did still work? lol
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 11:21 AM on May. 5, 2011

• yup no matter how many times I tell them to move back.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 1:28 PM on May. 5, 2011