How do YOU make biscuits and gravy?

I've seen people make it like 10 different ways, and heard of a bunch, too, so I'm curious about how you ladies make it. I've never made it because until about a month ago, I HATED it lol, but now I'm craving it again and thinking of running to the store before DH gets up for work and making some.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:32 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I make sausage gravy, I fry one package of sausage up while smashing it into crumbles after its cooked through i sprinkle it with flour and brown the flour then add milk & pepper. Its awesome :) I also just use bisquick to make home made biscuits. :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 7:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• For the quickest way I make it I use storebought biscuits and fry some bacon. Then you use the grease in the pan use flour to thicken it and season with salt and pepper to taste. Warning as you have never made it before it really doesn't take a lot me flour. I RUINED it the first time by making it to thick.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 3:40 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Also forgot to add i like dicing the bacon up and throwing it on top gives it more texture
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 3:44 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Well if you have BISQUICK and some mayonaise you can make the most buttery yummiest biskits ever.You take about 2 cups of BISQUICK pancake,waffle,biskit mix and 1-2 tbsp. of mayonaise,stir until crumbly then add about 1/2 c. of milk until somewhat thinned out,place on a greased frying pan,greased with canola oil use 1 tbsp then dump the bisquick mixture on the frying pan and fry to the bottom of it is browned,flip over other side to be browned.The mixture doesn't look like biskits but once you taste them you'll go nuts over 'em and you won't care what they look like.I think it tastes like coffee cake so you could use it for that and just make a brown sugar topping to go over that.I came upon this recipe myself one day.I wanted to make pancakes but I didn't have eggs so I used mayonaise and to my surprise, it's already a very popular southern biskit recipe.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:44 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Wake DH up. lol. I am not a good gravy maker.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 8:01 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I make Bisquick biscuits (except I use the Jiffy brand of baking mix, it tastes better IMO). Brown a pound of bulk breakfast sausage that a local store makes. Dump it out of the pan and leave what little grease stays in the pan. Then I get out my trusty can of Wondra flour and make the white sauce recipe on there, and add the sausage. Voila, "homemade" biscuits & gravy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Depends on what I have on hand to use. If I'm lazy I used refrigerated biscuits but usually I use Jiffy mix and make drop biscuits.
    For the gravy I usually fry up some sausage then make the sauce from butter, flour and milk...add some of the sausage grease and pepper.
    I don't eat biscuits and gravy but my husband says they are fantastic. Shrug. As long as he likes them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:17 PM on May. 5, 2011