Baby food

Anyone making homemade baby food? Do you have any favorite recipes?

BlessednHappy

Asked by BlessednHappy at 3:45 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not sure what it's called but i do know that there is also a book out there specifically for making babyfood at home so you might just want to get that. And of course there is always the internet search engines i've found a few good ideas there as well.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 4:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I always just blended stuff together but my babies favorite was 1 part rice 1 part strawberries and 2 parts bananas. Sorry I can't give you exact measurings but I barely measure anything.
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 3:48 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Another thing that worked really well for me was giving her whatever we were eating that night before i added the salt putting foods that seemed like they would taste good together from the plate kinda like mixing mashed potatoes and corn type of a thing not really a recipe i know but i was hoping to give you ideas
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 4:02 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Could be. I didn't personally didn't use any books but I'm sure there could be a wellspring of ideas there. You can always check cook books you already own too for ideas. And the joy of not having to think up ideas off the top of your head is probably quite a bit easier on those hectic nights when you have a go to book :)
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 4:15 AM on May. 5, 2011

• WHOO HOO
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 4:24 AM on May. 5, 2011

• You're so much fun i just can't stop watching the post :) i originally saw it in one of the baby magazines and believe i read the reviews on barnes and noble. My friend wàs going to buy it also but she hasn't told me how it's workin out so far
    LadyMitres

Answer by LadyMitres at 4:34 AM on May. 5, 2011

• blended bananna and avacado
    Motherdragon

Answer by Motherdragon at 10:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing :)

BlessednHappy

Comment by BlessednHappy (original poster) at 3:50 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Cool! Did you buy any books? I saw a book on amazon called 100  top purees that looked interesting. Do you think its a good idea?

BlessednHappy

Comment by BlessednHappy (original poster) at 4:07 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Yeah, I think I'm going to order it. Thanks! I found one called "The best homemade baby food on the planet"

BlessednHappy

Comment by BlessednHappy (original poster) at 4:17 AM on May. 5, 2011