"Grow With Me" Formula or Milk?

When your child turned/turns a year old did you give the grow-with-me formula that is meant for kids 9-24 mths or cow's milk? Do you know if there is a difference and which is better?

Sunshine4u300

Asked by Sunshine4u300 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The next step is just a gimmick for the company to get more money. no, you don't need it, just switch over to milk. the later you wait to switch them over to milk, the harder it will be to get them off formula.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Milk is much much much cheaper!
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• The second stage formula has more calcium init, and usually switch to that at 6 mo and theya re more mobile.. You do not have to stick with formula at a year. My first made the transition well, my second was not on milk until 14-16 months, she kept having wierd reaction to the milk
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 8:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I am not quite there yet but I am thinking about giving about 3 formula feedings and 3-4milk feedings and as he starts eating more and more solid food weeding out the formula. Thats my plan I just started so I can't promas it will work. The way I see it the formula has all the vitamins and nutireants he needs so what the hell a few bottles a day can't do any harm. He's not a picky eater though he will eat/drink anything I put in frount of him
    KittyCalais

Answer by KittyCalais at 10:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• We did goat's milk with my first and plan to do the same for my second... goats have 1 stomach like humans (rather than 3 as cow's do) so it is easier on baby's tummy...
    DVega01

Answer by DVega01 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008