How soon after a stillbirth can I "try" again?

My fiance & I would like to start to trying for another baby. I had a stillbirth a few months ago, so I'm a little worried that I'll have another. My doc has given us the ok to start trying. I just want to know how long other moms waited after having this happen.

Tink0711

Asked by Tink0711 at 6:38 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never been in this situation but I will put in my 2 cents, since no one else has...
    Your doctor gave you the physical okay so physically your body is ready. The question is, are you mentally ready? Are you ready to carry a child without feeling like you are 'replacing' the one you lost? Are you prepared to give birth and care for a new infant without beating yourself up about the 'what if's'? Make sure your feelings towards the baby you lost are in check, that had to be and extremely hard time for you and DH and getting pregnant again isn't going to heal any fresh pain you are still feeling(if any). Be certain you have mourned your first child's loss and then move forward. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on May. 5, 2011

• First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. My oldest brother was stillborn in 1969 and my mother still cries when she thinks about him. She was pregnant with my other brother about 9 months later and that was a hard pregnancy for her...complications and bedrest from 6 months on, so she had a lot of worries of losing him too, especially in those final 4 months (he was a month late).
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:29 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Thanks ladies. Anyone else?
    Tink0711

Comment by Tink0711 (original poster) at 11:15 PM on May. 5, 2011

• 3 months
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 10:50 AM on May. 7, 2011