Jealousy...are you a jealous wife?

Are any of you guys jealous? Like whether just small or really crazy jealousy. Even if you trust him with all your heart do you ever think of him cheating on you? I been struggling for a little while now we are together 2 years getting married in 2 weeks and i never saw myself as the jealous girl before. But all the time I am just worried he will leave me even though i know he wont and he reassures me all the time. I know its mostly within me and my insecurities but I was just curious if i am the only one.

Linda_PF

Asked by Linda_PF at 6:48 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I used to be but now the thought barely ever crosses my mind. I trust him completely so I just get on with my life. I think perhaps we all have that niggle when we hear about other's relationships falling apart but I just have to tell my own head to shut up and to get on with my life!
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 6:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I am not jealous at all. My DH on the other hand is extremely jealous and doesn't understand why I am not. I just tell him that if he is going to cheat on me then there is nothing I can do to stop him, and I am not going to make myself sick with worry wondering what he is doing. He knows that if he ever doesn't want to be with me that the door is open. I do not want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with me.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 6:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• When I am in a realationship being Jealous seems funny I would never be in a relationship without feeling first secure with myself sounds silly but its true.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:56 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I know my dh is faithful. On the other hand he is very jealous. He shows it in a weird way though.. I guess I could be jealous but why do I want to. I got more important things to think about.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:58 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Thanks girls...Its like I trust him I do and I know its my insecurities and my issues. Its just everything is starting to fall into place I have a daughter getting married my life is starting and it just feels so unreal like why do I deserve this happiness or what usually happens in my life is great things happen and then shit messes it up or one thing after another goes wrong. So i guess the pessimistic in me is waiting for something to go wrong? I dont know i try and tell myself to just get over it but it eats at me. I think if i was more secure and happy with myself and my body then maybe it wouldn't be as bad?
    Linda_PF

Comment by Linda_PF (original poster) at 7:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Nah I'm not. If he wants to go then I'll deal with it after it happens. It'll be 11 yrs together this year. Married for 7. I was a little nervous sometimes when he got a job where he was away for 2 weeks then home for 1 wk but I got use to it. Now he will be traveling in a few weeks with this job (temporarily) and I am fine with it. After I had my son I felt so fat and gross that it bothered me a little his work had a size 3 girl in the office but I never truly felt like he was going to leave.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• See thats exactly how I feel, i feel disgusted with myself even though he tells me daily that I am beautiful I dont see it at all so it doesn't help. And he works in a restaurant with all young skinny pretty girls and I know he isnt going to do anything but it still gets into my head sometimes.
    Linda_PF

Comment by Linda_PF (original poster) at 7:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Nope not at all!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:12 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I can be, it of course depends on my mood or the day, or what he said or did a month ago LOL.... I'm not the psychotic wife though, and he rarely knows that I'm jealous, I usually save that talk for my best friend...I know that it's me, and I know that some days I just have bad days...I vent to her, she lets me calm down then I'm all better....I shouldn't make my hubby insecure just because I am. I was in a relationship for 8 years that the guy cheated on me on and off for the entire time..I knew it, but I stayed anyway (different story for later lol) I was blamed for cheating on him constantly, although I never even thought about it...Soooo, I know how it is to be blamed for something I didn't do, and I know how much it can ruin a relationship...my insecurities do not need reassurance from DH, rather I need them from myself, so that I can be reminded that he isn't my ex....make sense??? Good Luck Hun.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:17 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Not jealous. He plays in bands as a hobby and occasionally, that leads to interesting situations. It's not something he ever acts on but I've watched women act like since he's on stage as a musician, he's theirs. He always stops them. Conversely, he's had to watch guys hit on me when I've gone to watch him play. We both feel it's a compliment. Neither of us would ever pursue someone ourselves. I have a firm rule about infidelity being the end of the relationship and he knows that. We'll be together 17 years in June.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:22 AM on May. 5, 2011