Pregnant? Not as simple as I thought.

In a nutshell,
My period has always been normal length, always on time. I have 2 kids, one 2 1/2, one about to turn 1 year.

It's been a week since it ended, and a week before my period I started feeling weird for no apparent reason. On Easter i spotted, and thought i was getting it. it was gone for 2 days, then i had it for a week but not as heavy as i normally would. i barely had any cramps at all but had a nasty migraine for the days leading up to it and during.

My basal body temperature has been high (don't keep track of it but i know when it's high and that's how I knew i was pregnant with my youngest). And more than once while i had my period I actually told my husband that if i minus bleeding and plus nausea, I felt just as crappy as when i was pregnant the first few months.

I understand that having your period is supposed to be a surefire reason to think you're not pregnant, and while I'm happy if i am,I'm not pushing to be just yet (I was hoping to hold off till january to let my body recover more), so I don't feel like I'm making myself feel weird. don't know if that makes sense.

i've heard of people bleeding in the beginning of their pregnancy and though i've never had it i can't shake the feeling that something might be up. Any thoughts?

Note: i think i might've actually gotten my period a week early.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I could never tell if I was pregnant from my periods, sometimes I would have it for 3 days, sometimes 7, and other times I can go on and off for the entire month....I see a doctor regularly ...so I know it's nothing serious as of right now....my advice, go to your doctor get a blood test to check for pregnancy then talk to them about your periods... Sometimes it's just our body trying to get back the balance they lose from child birth/pregnancy.... Be safe and get checked though. GL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on May. 5, 2011