Do you believe Osama Bin Laden is really dead?

Believe me, I was just as relieved as everyone else on Monday,that the world is finally rid of this evil man. But, now that the excitement is wearing down, I'm starting to have a weird feeling, like this might not be true. I REALLY want it to be true but something sounds fishy. For example, if he was allegedly killed on Sunday, that isn't enough time to do a DNA test and confirm that it was really him, and then bury him in the ocean. If he was killed BEFORE Sunday, how would the SEALS and everyone else, keep it a secret? If you had just killed the most wanted man in America, wouldn't you be shouting it from the rooftops? As far as Obama not wanting to release the death photos because they are too gruesome, that is a LAME excuse!! There are gruesome and gory pictures and photos ALL over the the place!! "If it bleeds, it leads," right?

On the other hand, it's hard to imagine this many people perpetuating the biggest hoax in history, without SOMEONE spilling the beans. Also, with Bin Laden taunting the US the past few years by video, I would think that he would make a video message laughing his head off at how easily everyone fell for this, hook, line and sinker, if he was still alive.

I just don't know...I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any stretch, and I don't feel the need to actually see pics of his head blown off, but I just have a funny feeling about this whole thing.

What do YOU think?

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 7:20 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Seals are trained not to shout from the roof tops, so it could be kept secret.

Answer by gemgem at 7:30 AM on May. 5, 2011

I didn't think about that.

I guess I'm just going to close this question now, because apparently, it's "old news" and I'm annoying people by asking it. I'll remember that the next time someone posts a question about breastfeeding vs formula feeding, or circumcision or CIO. I thought that if you didn't like the question, you didn't have to click on it, but apparently, that's not the case.
    Bethsunshine

Comment by Bethsunshine (original poster) at 7:34 AM on May. 5, 2011

• well, they didn't do DNA testing, they did DNA matching, which is a much speedier process than DNA testing. They matched his DNA with his sister's and a few other close relatives of his, and they matched up something like 99.9%.

i do agree though that on Monday it felt real, and now with all the theories floating around and the White House Press being so standoffish with answering questions, that my suspicions are beginning to rise.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:37 AM on May. 5, 2011

• omg, when will this subject be old news?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:22 AM on May. 5, 2011