My husband says i can quit work if i start extreme couponing. I'm taking him seriously :) any tips?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:12 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That just means he want you not to spend money.
    I told my DH I would give up my car if. Just to be able to be a SAHW again.

Answer by louise2 at 8:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• well, really..all my money does is buy groceries. so its not odd. sometimes i feel like i waste gas driving to work..so it would be better for me to just stay home. i don't want to totally quit..just cut back to maybe 2 days
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:20 AM on May. 5, 2011

• What grocery stores do you have near you. That can make a big difference.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:35 AM on May. 5, 2011

• publix, kroger, ingles, walmart, ...then we have the clubs..sams, bjs, cosco
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:39 AM on May. 5, 2011

• You have to look into their coupon policies. Some have special days where they will double up your coupons. Some places allow you to stack coupons. I have nowhere around me that allows for either so unless I want to travel quite a ways I just use coupons normally.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:47 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree with melborni,, there is not 1 store in my area that doubles coupons! So even though I can reduce the bill, no where near enough to quit my job! I also think that the show is a bit misleading as far as meat, milk, eggs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• yeah, i cant really believe the show either but i am up for the challenge. i'm gonna start clipping and saving them up and see if i can prove to my dh that i can do that also. lol. if i can then maybe i will consider it..idk.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 9:07 AM on May. 5, 2011