He just left...

I just watched the bus pull away with my husband in it. I cannot stop crying and I know I need to keep it together for my girls, but I am falling apart with this deployment. I won't be home with family until sunday so am looking for support from you wonderful mamas. Will you tell me anything..a funny story maybe, something to cheer me up :(

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 8:20 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Relationships

• I want to give you some great big internet *hugs*. My husband will be leaving on his 5th deployment (4th in as many years) this July, assuming nothing changes between now and then.

Does he have a lap top? Will he be able to get on the net if he does? I know this last deployment my hub was on was probably the easiest simply because he took his own lap top and we were able to Skype pretty much every day. So, while he wasn't here, I could still see him.

My heart goes out to all the women who have currently deployed men in their lives. If you need to chat, gripe, whine, cry to someone, I'd be more than happy to lend a listening ear.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Is this your first deployment? It's hard but it WILL get better and easier. You are going to have tough days but you need to find other women around you who you can draw strength from on the days you're having a hard time finding it within yourself.

{{HUGS}}
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:43 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Aw! I'm sorry, Hun. Ummm... Go to that question someone posted about the worst things that has ever happened during sex. LOL Oh geeze, I was reading some of those & it was making me laugh hard!!!! To go the just for fun section, you might be able to find questions there to take your mind off of this for at least a couple minutes. Take Care.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 8:32 AM on May. 5, 2011

• It's gonna be okay momma! I don't know the ages of your girls but have a "girls day"..watch some movies together, listen and dance to music or go out and have lunch. Have fun! I have three boys, but while the oldest is in school, I watch seasame street with my younger too and sing along or we'll dance to music.. I'll even talk like elmo for them and they love it
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 8:32 AM on May. 5, 2011

• This would be our 4th deployment and I swear it gets harder and harder each time.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 8:54 AM on May. 5, 2011