It seems like an awful lot to me...

My 13 month old poops about 5 times a day. *Every* day.
Normal or what?
How many times does your baby poop in a day?

Nicoles2LilRams

Asked by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:30 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Normal, he has a great digestive system. My youngest is like that. Now that she is potty trained I swear she does not pee on the toilet without going number 2 as well. So quite a bit in one day. As long as it is not loose all of the time then it is ok.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:33 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Mine all pooped that much at 13 months but were still nursing, so they tended to have looser more frequent stools. We cloth diaper though so it isn't as expensive for us to have extra diapers, just a little extra laundry! If he is growing and the poops are complete liquid or causing rash I wouldn't worry. It is definitely better than a constipated baby!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 9:55 AM on May. 5, 2011

• oh my goodness my daughter from the day she was born always went at least four times a day sometimes more lol i wouldnt worry unless this is abnormal for ur child
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:24 PM on May. 5, 2011

• My 14 month old only goes 2 times a day but my 2 1/2 yr old pooped 3-4 times a day everyday when she was that age she just recently started going 2 times a day.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:32 AM on May. 5, 2011

• My son is 18 months and he goes 3 or 4 times a day. You should be concerned when your child doesnt poop enough! lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 8:38 AM on May. 5, 2011

• lol yeah I know mama bella
    But we are going through diapers like crazy the lst couple of months! He's done it twice already this morning lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Comment by Nicoles2LilRams (original poster) at 9:05 AM on May. 5, 2011

• It would all depend on what he eats. But he could bind himself up and not know it cus' kids' play so hard that going to the bathroom is too tedius for them cus' all they want to do is play and kids won't wait as you know I'm sure. But otherwise, if he eats things that have alot of fiber in it then he will poop alot.
    shannon979

Answer by shannon979 at 9:47 AM on May. 5, 2011

• that should have been AREN'T complete liquid in my previous post!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 9:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• All 3 of my kids pooped 3 - 5 times a day at that age. They were all still breastfeeding. I think it's normal.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:00 AM on May. 5, 2011

• 1 or 2 times a day
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:10 AM on May. 5, 2011