My daughter is constipated and a newborn...

Can I give her like watered down juices or something? She's almost a month old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

•  The chances of a BF baby getting constipated are very low. My son went a full 8 days once. He pooped all the time until he was about your daughter's age, then it slowed way down.

Giving her juice or anything could mess up her digestion and make her feel worse. When she does poop is it ever hard? BF poops are usually on the soft side, like peanut butter.  If her poops are hard it could be a sign of constipation. If she seems like she's in pain you could take her to the doctor just to ease your mind.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• What makes you think she's constipated? Are you breastfeeding? BF babies may go days without pooping. Their bodies just use everything in the breast milk.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yeah I ONLY breastfeed... So she's ok? I only ask cuz she seems to be in so much pain..
    Anonymous