Question Section or Statement Section?

If this is a section meant solely for people to ask questions, then why do I so often see people just posting statements or announcements? Isn't that what journals are for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 5, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I agree OP, bugs the crap out of me when people don't ask a question, or put updates (how the heck am I supposed to know what they're updating?), things like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• This gets a much better viewing and responses than the journals and there are a lot of people who frequent this portion of the site so the names and situations are familiar and we enjoy hearing things from each other... or at least I do. I think it would be great if they added a vent and announcement section.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Oh if I had a dime for every time this question was asked! LOL But yeah, that's the intent, but I guess no one wants to follow the "rules". Maybe a vent category would be a good idea, some people feed off that stuff!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:00 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree with But_Mommie- there are a lot of regulars in here, and we have gotten familiar with each other's screen names, so when someone's kid has done something cool, or someone's finally pregnant, or something like that, it's all good. No need to get on each other for something like that. Could be worse offenses, like trolling. I'd rather see statements than trolls.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Yep, that's what journals and groups are for, but some people apparently don't realize that the big button up there that says, "Ask a Question" really means "ASK a QUESTION." Oh well, CM tried to make things clear.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I think as long as people fail to see the difference between a question and a statement this issue will be around. I agree with you - the area is called Answers for a reason, but there are too many people out there who think this doesn't apply to them. There are lots of places to post news - journals, chatter boxes, sharing it in a group, etc., but people still feel the need to clog up the answers area with their vents and announcements.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• NO COMMENT.better to keep my mouth shut like mom said if you have nothing nice to say say nothing at all, but I don't think it's something thats gonna kill anyone
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:32 AM on May. 5, 2011

• another thing... people tend to even SAY 'not a question' so why even open it if it bothers you. Am am guessing you are somewhat new here and just don't have any real connections yet because if you did you may feel differently. I guess in the end if the CM team decided to let it ride then there isn't much you can do about it so just let it go. In the grand scheme of things the punctuation at the end isn't THAT critical.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:04 AM on May. 5, 2011

• because they like to vent and get attention from their 'peers'.
    and yes, that is what journals are for.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:29 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Actually, I was here before the Answer section was here, so not new at all. I've never understood why it is that people think just because you question why someone does something that it bothers you. Doesn't bother me, just curious as to why people do it.

And Nicoles2LilRams your answer is just ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 AM on May. 5, 2011