Do you or would you gauge your gift to your husband on Father's Day by what he got you on Mother's Day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Holidays

• No, if I did that he would get nothing and Im a big giver. I like to make the day special for him. Wish he thought to do the same for me sometimes
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:02 AM on May. 5, 2011

• No.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2011

• He gets me nothing since I'm "not his mom" so...no
    I got him a card and gift ( new shirt or something) and would make a cake for years- but he could care less really so the last one or two I havn't
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:05 AM on May. 5, 2011

• @cassie_kellison- I'm glad I'm not the only one! LOL DH and I actually just had a small argument over this. He gets a nice Father's Day, and HIS mom gets a nice Mother's Day, during which I make brunch and stuff. This year, he's spending the morning with his mom while I work for MY mom, so she and I get time together (best if he's not there for that!), and he and his mom get time together with his sister, and then we'll all get together for dinner. DH and I have agreed on a raincheck for me, because we're in the middle of a remodel where we have no other days to do something nice as a family. Once that's over, we'll have a day.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:05 AM on May. 5, 2011

• No. He's such a good gift giver I could never measure up!

Answer by missanc at 9:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• nope, that would be shallow.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:10 AM on May. 5, 2011

• No, we don't compare gifts or holidays.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:19 AM on May. 5, 2011

• No, we're not really big into gift-giving in our family. Instead, we'd rather spend time together by going out to dinner or using the money most people spend on each other to get something for the family/home or saving it to use toward a summer family trip/outing.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:26 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I understand how you feel. I would probably feel the same way. but no. If he gives you nothing for mothers day but you still that you want to get something for him on fathers day then do but I wouldn't go getting him anything really great or expensive maybe spend no more then $5.00 on him. Get him a gift card for one of his favorate stores. or a $ 5.00 gift car to a gas station that he goes to. But if he does get you something and you don't think its much. Then on fathers day get him something that is worth $ 5.00 more then what he got you. that way you look good in both those ways , and he might start feeling small, and start getting you better gift.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:57 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Not really, but a bit. I mean if he gives you something costing from the dollar/pound store and you give him something costing £100 then he's going to feel bad so that makes it a bad gift! And if it was the other way round then he'll think you don't appreciate everything he does. Generally we just give eachother something maybe £5 or for father/mother day because we're not eachother's parents!
    kittyweignex

Answer by kittyweignex at 1:37 PM on May. 5, 2011