im 38 weeks being induced monday... what is this clear slimy looking discharge?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 7:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've read that sometimes the mucus plug can "leak". It's basically a clear discharge that I've been told smells like plastic. I've never experienced it personally though. Only read about it/heard about it. It's perfectly normal though and is nothing to worry about. Just your body getting ready.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 8:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• probably the mucus plug. Mine came out hours before labor - it was my first sign actually. Other people have said they leaked theirs days before. Sleep as much as you can this week to rest your body and spirit. Good Luck!
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 11:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I sure hope you go into labor on your own and have your baby before being induced. If your body is ready to go, let your baby come naturally. You CAN cancel or postpone the induction. Your baby knows when it's time to be born. He doesn't need any help to get here. Feel empowered that you can deliver your baby without medical intervention like the induction!
    Beth_n_illinois

Answer by Beth_n_illinois at 9:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• It is probably your mucus plug. All this talk about a mucus plug and I thought a cork-like ball of mucus would come out. So when I talked to the doctor, I told them that I had some discharge like you are describing and they said that it is normal for it to come out in stages, not all at once.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 10:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• LIKE ALL THE OTHER SAID IT YOUR MUCUS PLUG SOMETHING THER A YELLOW BLOOD STUFF TO ALL NORMAL
    elmofan123

Answer by elmofan123 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2008