What age did you start daycare?

I really think it's time to get a job..atleast part-time, but I am very fearful of letting someone else raise my child. She is my world..and is perfect. She is 13mths. Thanks!

Ella_Bella20

Asked by Ella_Bella20 at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2011 in General Parenting

• Never. Mine started half day preschool 2 days/week at 2 (with a curriculum)

Answer by missanc at 9:08 AM on May. 5, 2011

• DS was about 6 months. It took while to find a center I trusted. DD was about 4 months and went to the same trusted center. I later pulled them both and put them in a home where I was MUCH happier. I was not interested in my babies and toddlers having a curriculum and circle time. I wanted them to be hugged and allowed to learn through play and experiences. Your DD will be fine no matter what you pick but do your homework and decide what *kind* of care you are looking for and then seek it out. I wish someone had told me sooner I could put my children in someones home for the same price or even LESS and get the kind of care I was always wanting them to have. Good luck.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• IMHO , that is exactly right...someone else raisng your child.. we dont do daycare and hopefully will never have to! Not trying to e mean, just my opinion, BUT if you need to use daycare, I think her age is fine!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• 5 months for one and 6 weeks for the other.
    And don't worry, I am still mom and I still raise my own child. I even bf'd for 18 months.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:36 AM on May. 5, 2011

• If you don't have to put your child in daycare then I wouldn't.

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 9:36 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I put my daughter in day care at age two and only once a week because my mom wanted to take her Tuesdays & Thursdays and my mother-in-law wanted her on Fridays . Mondays she was home with dad. ( And Wednesday's I took her to day care, 9-3) Because she was too clingy ,and I wanted her near kids her age.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:40 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Kids have issues with separation between the ages of 9 and 18 months. That's the hardest time to transition to daycare. (I was lucky to be a SAHM so I never had that decision to make.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:22 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I'd rather not have her go at all if I can help it..but money is REALLY tight..and I want to be able to get things for her..(she gets what she needs..just not all that I want..haha). My Mom works a lot..and her other Grandma is someone I'd rather only let watch her for no more than 3 hrs at a time. (Really nice lady, but has different ideas about what is good and bad) lol. Wish there was something online I could do for work..put my business degree to work. ;)
    Ella_Bella20

Comment by Ella_Bella20 (original poster) at 11:23 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I remember my daughter being atleast 10 or 11 months when I put her in daycare. It sucked but I had to work and go to school.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 1:23 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Can you not work an opposite shift for your husband? Get something part time on nights/weekends?

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on May. 5, 2011