A little scared

so my 3 year old just started preschool and her bus stop shes the only one picked up and dropped of there well the last week that i noticed it theres been a car parking faceing us it showes up just before the bus picks her up and leaves right after it just sits there the entire time watching us it happens in the mornin tho i havent noticed it in the afternoon yet and i dont know if it was happening before i noticed it and where it parkes its away from things like a place it wouldent have a reason to park at in the first place they tell you to watch for things and its bothering me i dont know what i should do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is there any way you can start dropping her at a different stop or driving her to preschool yourself or getting her there in some other way? It would bother me too and it's always better to be safe than sorry.
    aishanabuaisha

Answer by aishanabuaisha at 9:09 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i would get the liscence plate down and the next time i saw the car i would confront them or if your afraid to do that notify the police and give them the plate number and how long you have noticed it going on
    jen699

Answer by jen699 at 9:10 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I agree with the post above me.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:28 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Do NOT confront the person!!!!!! That could be dangerous not to mention stupid. Take down the license plate number and a description of the car and anyone in the car and report it to the police. But, DO NOT CONFRONT THE PERSON.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:22 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Is there anyone that can walk with you to the bus stop? I agree with writing down the plates. If you can't do that I would call the police, tell them about it and ask if they can watch for a few days or even if they can approach them. You can never be too safe...and if they are watching you and your daughter, they could be learning things, like if you are home alone.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 1:51 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Ask the bus driver about what to do.

I agree with calling the police, tell them your suspicions and give them the plate numbers.

Can you go to the school after the bus drops her off and see if that car is there too? Or call the school and tell them your concerns.

Be safe!
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:12 PM on May. 5, 2011

• If you are in a small town, the police will most likely be willing to check this out for you. I would also report this to the school and transportation company with the license plate just for public record, because even after a police check they might move onto another target nearby. Don't confront this person. If possible get someone to join you at the bus stop and keep your phone in hand with doors locked if you are alone until you arrive. I don't want to make you paranoid but is the distance visible from your home (if this person IS watching you do they know where you live, if so you might want to express this concern to the police too and be on extra guard entering and exiting your home
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:40 PM on May. 6, 2011

• Get the license plate and have the police check it out. Could be a sexual predator. Great that you're so observant!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 9:05 PM on May. 6, 2011

• I'd get the license plate number and contact the police. If for no other reason I think they check out the owner for us...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 10:07 PM on May. 6, 2011