Has there been an increase in vandalism/theft in your neighborhood?

My husbands Tom Tom got stolen sometime this past week. He also has a friend that just bought a gun as well. There have been two breakins in his friend's neighborhood, where they have broken in the doors to get in. Or is it just the Christmas holiday "stealing" season? There is probably a higher rate of theft during the holiday season.

Alma_C

Asked by Alma_C at 8:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• More often then not people who own guns and attempt to use them to "protect" themselves are shot with their won weapon. No material good is worth my life. Let them have it if they want it! I'd rather live.
    Anonymous

• edit: "OWN weapon" sorry typo
    Anonymous

• no
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yes. someones house was robbed and a car was stolen.
    kittymommy

Answer by kittymommy at 10:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No.

But I seriously regret opening this question. My husband is drilling (Navy) this weekend and I'm here alone with the baby. Dangit. Well, looks like I'm sleeping with the gun tonight.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• More often then not people who own guns and attempt to use them to "protect" themselves are shot with their own weapon.
    Where did you get this? Let's see the numbers, please. SOMETIMES this happens. Very rarely' because people are required to take a course in firearms basics when they buy one. They don't always take the course, or if they do, they don't always learn anything, but MANY MANY more crimes are prevented before they are even begun because of armed and careful homeowners.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• IT's been like that here for a few months now. People are gettin robbed at the grocery store in mid day. and my cd player got taken from my car. I think it's more about everyone losing their jobs.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• No, no increase in crime here. Thank goodness.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• our closest neighbor is miles away. i dont think people even know there is a house out here. so unless the turkeys, deer, porcupines, raccoons, or opposums are operating a theft ring, no, there has not been an increase in theft. lol
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I have noticed that in our city things seem to be getting bad. Almost everyday there is a break in on the tv about a shooting, stabbing, robbery, or the like. I live in Oklahoma City where it has always been pretty quiet and safe, but over the past few years it is changing.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 12:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2008