Those mesh feeding bag things...

I asked a question yesterday about teething and somebody recommened frozen breast milk in a mesh feeding bag. I guess I'm kind of out of the loop, but wouldn't the milk melt a make a complete mess everywhere? Or is there something that prevents the milk from leaking everywhere? Or is there a certain type of bad I need to get?I hope that makes sense? lol Thanks!

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 9:13 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I also wanted to add that to lessen the mess you can use a pacifier clip to clip the feeder to the bib... Keeps it from flying across the room... which is always a bonus.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:26 AM on May. 5, 2011

• well, the simple answer is yes, it would make a mess. lol. the idea is to freeze some breast milk in a ice cube tray and then put the frozen breast milk in the mesh feeder. The child then chews on the ice without risk of choking. The taste is familiar so they will also attempt to suck/lick it, actually eating some of it. so yeah, it could get messy but it is a good plan for teething for a breast feeding baby....
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:19 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Oh no, it's a hot mess. But the mesh bag prevents the baby from breaking off chunks & getting choked.

I had some, but I only tried them a couple times, once for mango & once for cantaloupe. I just jumped on the train too late to get much good use out of them.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:18 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Ok, thanks ladies :) I just thought I was missing something
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 10:01 AM on May. 5, 2011