What is your favorite kind of soup,How do you make it?

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 9:30 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I made homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday and not a drop of it is left :( dang it wanted some for lunch today!!! Guess it was a big hit for the family though so that makes me feel good.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:37 AM on May. 6, 2011

• I like veggie soup... or any kind of soup with potatoes in it.

I open the can and pour it in a pot. :P
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:40 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I make a latin style chicken soup... It's chicken stock made from a left over roasted chicken, sazon, sofrito, carrots, celery, onion, green beans or peas,chicken bits from the carcass and rice or tiny pasta. I top each serving with avocado and tomato before I serve. If you want me to do a detailed recipe I can.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:35 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Sweet potato & coconut soup! I make a huge batch every fall & freeze it so I have some throughout the winter.

I bake the sweet potatoes, mash them up, add a can of coconut milk and chicken stock until it's the soupy consistency I like. Sautee an onion in butter & add it to the mix. Add garlic, salt, pepper, cilantro and some cubed chicken. OMG I want some now.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:38 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I love all kind of soup and I love making all kinds. The easiest one, off the top of my head is Brat Soup. Cook your brats however you want an cut into bite-size peices. Chop potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion, and throw it all in a big pot. Add just enough water to just cover everything and stir in some chicken boullion (I usually use homemade chicken stock instead of water & boullion). Bring to a boil and let cook til the veggies are all soft. Stir in a couple tablespoons of cornstarch, about a pint of heavy cream, some cheese (it calls for about a pound of velveeta, I usually use about 8 oz shredded cheddar), and the brat peices, and let cook over low heat until it's thickened. I also like to add a little garlic, parsley, and black pepper. Sounds weird, but it's really good. I've added other veggies to it too along with the others - it's very versatile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I have some brats you could use. ;)
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 9:43 AM on May. 5, 2011

• all of my homemade soups are my favorite...can't pick just one depends on what mood I'm in and what the weather is like
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 2:40 PM on May. 5, 2011