If you had it would you spend the money?

Hubs just asked me if I wanted to go into the city with his bff and his wife when we are in NY. She and I socialize because of our hubs... luckily that is only once for a couple hours every years. I have NOTHING to talk about with her. Last time I was with her she wanted to vent to me for 30 min about how her nanny had the nerve to ask for her birthday off when it was HER night out to dinner (every sat) with her husband, and to top it off she had bought her a $800 bracelet for her birthday.WHAT am I going to say to that?? We live in different worlds.  And even if I lived in that world I wouldnt be such a bytch as to not let the woman go out on her birthday.

So now I have to buy a city outfit???  REally??? literally hundreds of dollars to spend an evening with HER???  I dont even like her.  And my daily life in casual so. cal. does not include that sort of clothing.  So I think it is nuts.  I dont even like the woman.  Im fine with going to her home for a bbq, but I REALLY dont want to do this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I am to programed to be frugal. I would be the millionaire tight wad.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:40 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Send your hubs on his own?
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 9:41 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i would, but that's because i'm a shopaholic and would use this as an excuse to shop. if it's not your thing, explain your reasons to him and see if there is a compromise available.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:42 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I have to go... would be rude not to go. Im debating on nudging hubs into something casual, vs. caving and just buying something... I just hate to spend the money. we have it... but I could buy running clothes, bathing suits, AND sundresses for the same amount and use them EVERY week here at home.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Ah well, do it for the DH. Buy a cute outfit at the second hand store ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:31 PM on May. 6, 2011