What's the deal with the relationship statuses on facebook.

remember the old format? your relationship status was right at the top of your side bar (if you wanted it). now it will be at the top of your side bar and the top of the page.....if you're in a relationship with someone or married or engaged or w/e. basically if you're with someone then your relationship status is shown, even if that person doesn't have a facebook it'll still say "in a relationship" on the top. what about the singles?!?!?! if you're single now it is not shown on the side or on top. it's at the VERY botton of your info page where no one even looks. i don't think that's fair. if i had to make a choice i'd rather it say single on the first page and IAR on the info page. why when you are single is it hidden? that's not cool. all the relationship statuses should be shown on page one if you want them too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Technology

• You know what? I had never noticed that til you posted it. You're right, I think it makes being single something to be less proud of. Totally need to get in zuckerberg's ass about that one.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:50 AM on May. 5, 2011

• funny, there are many changes even with the help center now too. ALso there is a disclaimer of third party access where yu make sure no one gets your info. I made sure that I posted no one . Just look for it....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 9:59 AM on May. 5, 2011

• If you know the person wouldn't you already know their relationship status? If you don't know the person, why would you care?
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 4:38 PM on May. 5, 2011

• I really don't notice that ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:11 PM on May. 5, 2011

• that's not what i'm saying....i'm saying that being single is hidden on facebook and being with someone is out there for everyone to see. as if being single is something to be ashamed of
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:15 PM on May. 5, 2011