How do you think Parents TODAY would react to this...

How would you react?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-L-Fg7lWgQ&feature=youtu.be

"Buffy Explains Breastfeeding to BigBird on Sesame Street"

This clip is from 1977, but I would LOVE to see this done today!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 AM on May. 5, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• SabrinaMBowen

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:48 AM on May. 5, 2011

• i LOVE it! nowadays though parents would be in uproar over this and claim that Sesame Street is showing sexually explicit material and corrupting their children.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:51 AM on May. 5, 2011

• AWESOME! I think there be a lot of debate about it. Many would love it and many would hate it. I think they should run them again.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:51 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I was shocked when I saw that the early years of SS on DVD came with "Parental Warning Labels" Seriously? I wish they would bring back stuff like this!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 9:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• They'd probably flip out!!
    How dare someone say breast and teach children how mommies feed their babies! (sarcasm of course!)

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:53 AM on May. 5, 2011

• OMG parents would FLIP out! I mean Katy Perry was bounced for having to much cleavage! My 3 year old just watched that clip with me though and thought nothing of it. We even talked about it when it was done.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• Depends on the parents watching. LOL I would be all excited and think it awesome. I know some folks that would call it porn and think it WAY to risqué for ANYONE to ever see almost to much for the nursing baby.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• "That's awesome. It's too bad we're so touchy about stuff like that now. I think it would get pulled if it were a recent episode...people would deem it "inappropriate". To call THAT inappropriate when we let our kids see things they *really* shouldn't see....kinda ironic. :-P I think we're a little backwards"

I agree with this comment someone left on youtube...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:54 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I BTW totally appreciated it. It wasn't 'graphic' or 'pornish' it was totally natural and a nice way to introduce the idea to small children. I loved it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:55 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I think it is GREAT! I am saving it and will show my DD (4) later. I am pregnant and plan to breastfeed (as I breastfeed her) and this is a great way to explain it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:55 AM on May. 5, 2011